Let your smile change the world. Don't let the world change your smile. - unknown
Picnics do not have to wait until summer. This weekend, my family and I went ice skating in the marsh behind our house...and what better way to enjoy the ice, than to have hot chocolate(and fresh baked cookies, too) served lakeside.
The temperature was dipping low, but promises of sweet rewards kept my children willing to face the cold and skate for almost 3 hours...a record I assure you!
Mexican Drinking Chocolate
makes a rich drink, thicker in consistancy than regular hot chocolate
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
2 Tablespoon(or to taste) sugar ( or coconut palm sugar)
pinch red chili pepper flakes (or more)
1 cups milk ( or any "milk" of your choice, I used soy)
1 square unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped small ( or 2 Tablespoons chocolate chips)
1. Combine the cinnamon, cocoa powder, sugar and red chili pepper flakes into a small bowl.
2. Slowly whisk in a few Tablespoons of the milk. A paste will form.
3. Continue to add the milk, a few Tablespoons at a time, to the cinnamon chocolate paste, until all the milk has been combined and there are no lumps.
4. Transfer mixture to a pot and begin to heat.
5. Add the chopped baking chocolate, whisking constantly.
6. Heat until just before boiling...when small bubbles begin to form around the edges...and the chocolate pieces are melted.
7. Remove from heat and serve!
The End! Enjoy!