If you keep saying things are going to be bad, you have a chance of being a prophet. - Issac B. Singer
To me, Kamut flour bread is similar in texture to corn bread. I made this to go with dinner, but it could also be used as a breakfast bread. My entire family loved it. I hope you enjoy it, too!
preheat oven to 350 degrees F,
makes 1 large 12" round bread or 2 loaves
2 cups all purpose gluten free flour ( regular flour works fine also)
2 cups Kamut flour ( I used Bob's Red Mill)
2 Tbsp baking powder
2 tsp salt
3 cups soy milk (or regular milk, or rice milk, or coconut milk)
2/3 cup molasses (or brown rice syrup)
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup melted butter
1. In a large bowl mix flours, baking powder and salt.
2. In another bowl, whisk soy milk, molasses, eggs, oil and melted butter.
3. Slowly stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until combined.
4. Pour into prepared pan(s)
5. Bake for 60 minutes for 1 large 12" pan (less time for 2 smaller pans).
6. Let cake slightly cool before serving.
Optionally, Top With:
Brown Rice Syrup And Butter
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup brown rice syrup ( or honey)
1. In a small bowl, mix butter and brown rice syrup, until smooth and consistent.
2. Spread on top of your favourite warm bread. Enjoy!