Sunday 25 March 2012

A Little Bookstore

Medicine for the soul.  ~Inscription over the door of the Library at Thebes


Today my brother and sister in law gave my husband and I a special treat.  They offered to babysit for the day...and they recommended a restaurant and a destination, the nearby town of Port Hope.  
The restaurant was Bualai Taste of Thai...and was amazing. But, that was not the only, noteworthy stop that we chanced upon this day. There were many little shops and cafes that we walked past, including a cafe with live music. One of the nicest stops, however, was to find Furby House Books.  A little bookstore situated in the middle of town.  
There is something inviting about a small bookstore with shelves of books that have been lovingly displayed.  I searched for a new book to read aloud to my children.  So, tonight I start, Wonderstruck, by Brian Selznick.
Port Hope was a wonderful find.  Furby House Books was a wonderful find.  And Bualai Taste of Thai was a wonderful find.  Living in the country has more surprises than I thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment