Wednesday 28 March 2012

Canoeing, Anyone?

Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing. -Henry David Thoreau

I had thought that the weather report said that it was going to be 17 degrees Celsius(about 63 degrees Fahrenheit).  I had planned to go canoeing today for the first time this season, but someone was wrong. Either I heard wrong, or the weather report was wrong.  It was not warm at all today. The canoes would have to stay in the boathouse longer...
My favourite willow tree under overcast skies...
 I have enjoyed canoeing since I was younger and now, that we have relocated next to a lake, I am excited to teach my children how to canoe.  Last fall, I was able to teach my children a few canoe skills...but I am ready to teach them more.  I am hoping to build their love of canoeing so that we can camp, canoe and portage across several wilderness routes on Ontario's lake and river systems...but that is just a dream...
project from Home School in the Woods, Colonial Life Unit, completed by my neice

So for today, we did arts and crafts instead.  My daughter and my nieces were very excited....and spent many hours working on their projects.  My older sons did the minimum...and commented, "boys don't like colouring and pasting..."
Too bad, they had their hopes on canoeing...
we will try again tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment