"Had I but a penny in the world, thou shouldst have it for gingerbread."- William Shakespeare
Here is the recipe I began the morning with...
In addition, if you, like gingerbread, check out this blog... Mrs. Gingerbread...it is filled with wonderful recipes and interesting historical facts on the origins of gingerbread.
Snappy Ginger Muffins (from Taste of Home magazine)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- In a bowl, beat the oil and sugars. Beat in molasses and egg. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt; stir into molasses mixture alternately with water.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 20 standard-size muffins.