A lake is the landscape's most beautiful and expressive feature. It is earth's eye. - Henry David Thoreau
|My niece jumping into the lake behind our house|
Growing up in Florida...I expected to see one in five plates on the major interstates from Canada...mostly from Ontario and Quebec. Florida is a popular destination for Canadians...all year round. But, I wanted to say, that in summer, Canada' lakeside beaches beat out Floridian Beaches.
|A sandcastle built on the shore of lake Ontario|
1. You will not get third degree burns while walking on the sand from your beach towel to the surf.
2. You do not have to fear shark attack.
3. You do not have to fear jelly fish bites.
4. You do not have to worry about crab bites.
5. You do not have to worry about sun stroke (well, it is more rare anyway) and can stay out at the beach for an entire day
6. You do not have to worry about that horrible salt water taste in your mouth all day if you accidentally swallow the water.
7. You will not feel sticky from salty sea air.
9. You do not have to worry about ripe tides...(they are very real! be careful Florida swimmers)
10. You only have to apply sunblock one time per day...not every fifteen minutes as in Florida to ward off eminent major sunburn)
11. There will usually be a refreshing cool breeze blowing...
To find a nice Ontario beach follow this link: Beaches