Tuesday 29 May 2012

Of Mice and Boys

Sometimes the gift of an inquisitive nature to the young can be greater than that of the wisdom which comes of age. - Brian Jacques


My son as Matthias...the main character of the Redwall Series

Our house, being a country home, has mice.Yesterday, my husband and I woke to the sound of my daughter shrieking at the sight of one scurrying across the floor.We tried to catch it...but it is still roaming the halls..in the dark of the night.
That aside, somehow my family loves mice. Even my littlest son's pet name is mouse. But the mice my family love the best are the ones in storybooks and the ones that live in their imaginations.
I have spent many nights reading aloud these favourite stories.
Check them out, too!

Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh by Robert O'Brien

 

The Redwall Series by Brian Jacques



The Mouse and His Motorcycle by Beverly Cleary

Mouse and the Motorcycle.jpg


2 comments:

  1. The Mouse and the Motorcycle is one of my favorites! The Secret of Nihm was one of my favorite movies as a child, I'll have to read the book! Have you read Roald Dahl's the Witches? Another of my favorite stories involving a mouse :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the recommended book! I will check it out!!

      Delete