Wednesday 11 January 2012

Growing Up

There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. - Albert Einstein

So when the story ends...when the song finishes...what do you do?  When I thought that I had come to the best life can offer, it amazingly turns the page and shows me that there is more...
Today, I smiled at life and said, "Oh, I see..."
I thought the most memorable days of my life were the moments where I introduced my children to the world.  I still clearly remember holding their little hands out to touch their first rain drops, sing them their first songs, read them their first stories, and guide them on their first make believe adventures. But today, they began to show me new wonders. My children are growing up.  Hidden from view, I listened as my eldest son picked out the notes to a favourite song on the piano.   I watched as my second son created his first comic strip...  and I smiled.  I couldn't have ever imagined what it was like to stand on the other side.

This was my beautiful moment today.

No comments:

Post a Comment