Saturday 22 March 2014

Pancakes, Pancakes, Pancakes!

Who wants a pancake, sweet and pipping hot?  Good little Gracie says," I'll take the one on top!" - Shel Silverstein

 
To celebrate the beginning of spring, as snow continues to fall outside of my window, I have decided to share with you a different pancake recipe, every Saturday for the next six weeks.  I feel I need to celebrate the coming of spring, don't you? Growing up, Pancakes were always the celebration food.
If it was your birthday: pancakes.  If a friend spent the night: pancakes.
If it was a holiday: pancakes. My Grandmother was coming for visit: pancakes.

So today I give you: Cheesy Pancakes
This first pancake recipe I will share was one of my children's favourites when they were small. Honestly, I had forgotten about the recipe until recently, but as the scent of melting cheese and pancakes filled the air, all those nice memories filled my mind again.  These pancakes are good.  They are really good! Here are some quick little tips:
  • I recommend using good quality cheddar cheese to get a nicer result in flavour ( I used Empire Cheddar Cheese).
  • You can serve these with Maple Syrup if you like (but I don't).
  • They make a great quick lunch, too..

Cheesy Pancakes  
recipe from bloggers Nikki and Nicholas
makes about 4 servings
 
Ingredients:
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 eggs
2 ½ cups milk
½ cup oil or melted butter
1 tsp vinegar
Grated cheese (added during the cooking process)

Directions:
 1.  Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. (Wait! don't add the cheese yet!)

2.  Mix all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.Then pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients and stir until just combined. (Still not the cheese!)

3.  Ladle your pancake batter onto a hot griddle.  (Now the cheese!) Sprinkle each pancake with your desired amount of cheese.


4.  Flip each pancake over so that both sides will cook.

5. Serve warm.  I hope you enjoy them, too!

The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment