Friday 9 August 2013

The Number 8

All my possessions for a moment of time. - Queen Elizabeth

I had a friend tell me once that she wanted to enjoy everyday of her child's life.  Her own mother had mentioned that she had let the days pass too quickly and had always put off doing things with her young children until it was too late.  So my friend, took her mother's words to heart...and never wanted to waste a day and told me she saw her daughter this way...for only 365 days would she have a little six year old girl and she would try not to "miss" one day. (Then, likewise, she would have a 7 year old for 365, etc..) 
I liked this idea that my friend mentioned and have thought of it often.  So, I have decided to view Canadian Summer in the same way (it is very precious you know). I see it as the number 8.  Just 8.  Eight weeks where you don't have to don a warm jacket and warm gloves.  Eight weeks to enjoy the sunshine.  Eight weeks to enjoy the bright, warm blues skies....that's it. 
Now, it is five weeks down, three to go.
Here is our attempts to enjoy our beautiful summer days...even until the sun sets.  
Here is our world today...




The End!

No comments:

Post a Comment