Tuesday 26 March 2013

So, this is the end (of Winter)

Can words describe the fragrance of the very breath of spring? - Neltje Blanchan

My little sister has told me there is something called a runner's high.  I have never experienced it.  Never, Ever.  Unless of course, that runner's high is a cramp in the side.  

But I suppose welcoming spring is similar in Canada...it is like you have crossed that mile...scaled those hills...survived the cold...and made it through the winter....It is like a badge of honour...or a runner's high....

So the temperature for the past few days have climbed slightly above 0 Celsius (32 Fahrenheit).  And even though it doesn't look like spring outside...somehow it feels like spring.  Garden shops are clearing out the snow from their shelves...sounds of birds, back from their southern holidays, are beginning to fill the air again...people are putting on their mud boots (instead of their snow boots)...and my children thinking it is now sweater weather, have put away their winter jackets...and have begun to roll down the windows in the car as we travel...because it is too hot now. Is it?

My car's shadow cast across a white landscape

Springtime does make me smile, too, and yes I can say we made it through another winter.  
(But, don't be too excited for us yet...it is suppose to snow again tonight.)

Here is our world today...

Ice crystals...
Little streams...
Icy Puddles...
Frozen Lake...
Slushy snow...
My little son, sans jacket (without jacket)...
Last glimpses of the day...



No comments:

Post a Comment