If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J. R.R. Tolkien
Thankfully, I have been able to instill the importance of peanut butter into my childrens' lives. So today, with my daughter, as my assistant, we created a recipe....a recipe, to foster a bridge of understanding between American-Canadian culture and Serbian traditionalism.
We present to you our very special peanut butter creation. And yes, this popcorn was loved. My husband has now been converted, well at least in part.
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Popcorn
(makes about 16 cups)
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
15 cups plain popcorn (I used stove popped popcorn-don't use microwave popcorn)
1/2 cup peanut butter chips
1/2 cup chocolate chips
2. Remove saucepan from heat.
3. Add cocoa powder, peanut butter and vanilla. Stir well, until the peanut butter has melted into the rest of the ingredients.
5. Let flavoured popcorn cool slightly (approx. 5 minutes).
6. Fold peanut butter chips and chocolate chips into the popcorn mixture.
8. Remove from fridge and serve...Enjoy!!