Friday 16 November 2012

Finding the important things

If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives.  Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you.  Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous.  Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow.  Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough.  Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway.
-Mother Teresa


My daughter came home the other day, with a project she had to complete.  She was to research about a individual who had contributed to peace and she had selected Mother Teresa.  I opened up several pages on the Internet and left out a book for her to read.  She worked diligently and later showed me her work.
I smiled at the fact that she had chosen Mother Teresa.  When I was in my late teens, my dad had bought me a book written by Mother Teresa.  She was a person who had once inspired me, as well.
As I glanced over my daughter's work, her closing statement caught my eye.  It read," but, best of all, to me, is that she loved doing what she did, and that is important.  For Mother Teresa made people happy knowing that she loved to help them."
I think she found the most important point...what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely quote. I have not read it before.
    Yes, I agree, T definitely found the most important point. I bought Mother Teresa's autobiography a few months back but I haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete