Tuesday 2 October 2012

Apple Time

Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree. - Marin Luther


Growing up in the south, apples did not fascinate me in the least bit.  I hated apple juice and apples were never a fruit that I looked forward to eating.  Apple pies were rarely made.  Pecan pie, strawberry pie, key lime pie and lemon meringue were the pies of choice.  Citrus fruits were definitely king in my world.
Now that I have moved up north, I have fallen in love with the apple.  Nothing tastes just like an apple picked straight from the tree...and if I could ever recommend coming to Ontario in a certain season...it would be the fall.  Ontario is covered with farms that celebrate the season of harvest.  Tractor rides, corn mazes, apple picking, pumpkin picking, petting zoos are just a few of the activities that you will find.  Here is my trip to the local apple farm....











1 comment:

  1. Actually, Christina, I sure do miss Key Lime pie in my college years in Miami.

    But I missed apple pie when I was there.....

    ReplyDelete