Saturday 21 January 2012

Finding that wishing star

Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you sit down quietly, may alight upon you. - Nathanial Hawthorne

My eldest son wrote this as a joke to my youngest son
My littlest son disappointedly told me hat he was unable to find a wishing star.  I brightened up, motioned him closer to the night-time view and said, "I can show you which one is the wishing star." He looked at me and seriously said, "No, you don't understand!  I have wished on every star and still, my wish has not come true."  I said, "Oh, I see..."  I continued to explain that the way that wishing stars work is that you have to make your wishes for others, first, and later for yourself.  He was happy with the new information and was determined to try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment